(Bonfire night is approaching and hot chocolate by the open fire is a real treat that is pretty specific to this time of year. But we've found a way to up the ante with a few added extras to really elevate the taste to a whole new level. We think this recipe is equally enjoyable whether you're out enjoying the fireworks, or curled up at home on the sofa...
Think rich, sweet, spicy and well rounded. Whether you're making for one in your hot chocolate shaker, or making for the whole family on the hob, our Chilli-Vanilli Hot Chocolate is a real crowd pleaser.
You will need
- 200ml Milk (or a dairy free alternative)
- Dark Chocolate Drops
- 1 teaspoon Honey (or agave syrup if you are vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2 a fresh red chilli, halved.
Hot chocolate for one:
- Warm 200ml of milk.
- Add Dark Hot Chocolate Drops to Level 1 of the shaker.
- Pour the warm milk on top of the drops, up to Level 8.
- Add a teaspoon of honey
- Add a 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Bean Paste
- Add the 1/2 a fresh chilli (Seeds and all if you like it hot!)
- Remember to secure your lid in the 'down' position
- Pour through a tea strainer into your favourite mug to catch the chilli and any seeds that may have escaped.