Marbled with our best selling Blonde Chocolate & Sea Salt Bar, for a deliciously moreish chocolatey, salted caramel bite. Make these at your own risk!
- 185g Unsalted Butter
- 275g Golden Caster Sugar
- 185g Beautiful Dark Chocolate
- 85g Plain Flour
- 40g Good Cocoa Powder
- 100g Blonde Chocolate & Sea Salt Bar
- 3 Large Eggs
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180C or 160C fan, gas mark 4
2. Cube the unsalted butter and break the dark chocolate into small pieces, place in a plastic bowl and heat gently in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds to ensure the chocolate does not burn. Once melted and combined, remove from the microwave and leave to one side to cool
3. Whilst your mixture cools, prepare a 20cm sqaure tin. Line with non-stick baking parchment
4. Chop your Blonde Chocolate & Sea Salt into small chunks and place to one side for now
5. Next, combine the dry ingredients plain flour, cocoa powder through a sieve.
6. Break the 3 large eggs into a bowl and add the golden caster sugar. Using an electric blender, mix the two ingredients together until it becomes creamy and thick and pale in colour. This can take up to 5 minutes, you can check if this is ready when the mixture leaves a trail on the surface for a couple of seconds
7. Now combine the eggy mixture to the cooled chocolate mix and gently fold when together with a rubber spatula in a figure of eight motion to avoid knocking the air out of the mixture. The mix will be combined when it shows as a luxurious dark brown colour throughout.
7. With the same gently action, fold in the flour and cocoa powder mix to the chocolate mixture.
8. Stir in half of your Blonde Chocolate & Sea Salt chunks into the mixture and save the other half to sprinkle on top. These will become all caramelised and delicious in the oven!
9. Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and sprinkle the remaining Blonde Chocolate & Sea Salt chunks over the top.
10. Place in your oven for 25 minutes. The brownie will be ready when it no longer wobbles in the middle, but has a shiny crust on top.
11. Cool the brownie in the tin completely, or enjoy when it's still warm from the oven.
12. Your brownie will last for a couple of weeks in a good airtight container, although we challenge you to have it sat around for that long!
Don't forget to check out Factory Outlet page for seconds, they're perfectly great for cooking with or if you're catering for many, why not purchase 3kg of Valrhona and scale up the recipe! We'd recommend the 70% Valrhona Guanaja.
Share your creations with us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook